Tuesday 14 November 2017

No Vacancy...AMOC Editor-in-Chief -- Position filled!


MEET THE NEW BOSS, SAME AS THE OLD BOSS
Matt Dow:

When Tim announced his egress from managing A Moment Of Cerebus, I threw my small metal helmet into the ring and said, "If nobody else steps up, I'll do it." Which was apparently all he needed to throw the keys at me and say, "Sure, sure that's fine." And jump into his 1956 Corvette and drive off into the sunset at high speed.

It was all a bit like the part in The Money Pit when Tom Hanks and Shelley Long buy the dilapidated house...

But I Digress...

Is somebody else's column. Anyway, I'm Matt Dow, the new Interim Editor of A Moment Of Cerebus. Tim's title has changed from Editor-In-Chief, to Editor Emeritus. And I'm supposed to be running this show...

So, 
All About Me:
I was born in the wagon of a travelin' show, Mama was a dancer for the money they'd throw, Papa would do whatever he could... Wait, that's somebody else.

I'm just a humble Cerebite who's gonna try and do my best to entertain you rabble with the best Cerebus/Dave Sim/Gerhard/glamourpuss/Judenhass/Strange Death of Alex Raymond/You Don't Know Jack!/Cerebus In Hell?/whatever related content I can find.

Yeehaw! are you excited or what?

Yeah? Well I didn't go looking for you guys...

So stay tuned for Really Exciting Things...about an Aardvark. Who's been dead since 2004. But has a new book coming out next month!

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Hey! It's Matt! The guy that gave Dave Sim a watch for Dave's completion of Cerebus at a SPACE convention way back in twenty-oh-four. I'm sure you'll do a great job here at AMoC - you've got some pretty big shoes to wear, as Tim has been doing a fabulous job these past years, but I'm sure you'll be up to the task.

Christian said...

Congratulations Matt!
I'm sure you'll do a great job with the site!

Regards,
Christian

Oliver Simonsen said...

Big congrats!!!!

Jeff said...

Yay! My little buddy is moving up in the world.

Steve said...



Oh great, now we're all screwed.

Steve

Mouse Skull Entertainment said...

That's right Steve,

Your goose is cooked too...
Matt Dow

Damian T. Lloyd, Esq. said...

Thanks for stepping up and filling the post! Many people, including myself, appreciate having this blog dedicated to a cartoonist we admire. I hope the duties are not onerous and your tenure is long and enjoyable.

-- Damian

Ibis said...

Rock on.

Michael Grabowski said...

Thanks to Tim for creating and maintaining this space to appreciate Cerebus and Dave Sim's work where the rest of the world could have access to it. If there is an uptick in attention to Cerebus these days (as suggested by 3000+ sales of monthly CIH?) I think it's due in part to the daily ways this site promotes awareness of the character and reflection on its publishing history, as well as hosting much of Dave's modern commentary and promotion efforts.

Best of success to Matt in keeping this going. I appreciate both of you as well as the other regular contributors for providing me with free entertainment and diversion (give or take device + access costs).

Sean R said...

YAY!!!

Carson Grubaugh said...

Thank you for keeping this going!

Lee Thacker said...

Great news! Good luck with it all, Matt.

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Good luck running the site and with your own comics!

A Fake Name